Joe & Seph's Sticky Toffee Pudding
Thanks to the @culinarybee for sharing this yummy recipe!
'My family's absolute favourite pudding in the entire world, so I thought I had to share this recipe with you. I usually serve with a tart creme fresh to balance the sweetness of this pudding.'
1 hour 20 minutes
- 250g fresh dates, chopped roughly
- 1 level teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 150g of self-raising flour
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs and one yolk
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of vanilla bean paste
- 150g butter (room temperature)
- 2 Jars of Joe & Seph’s Salted Caramel Sauce
- Prepare baking tin
Start by greasing a baking dish with butter.
- Preheat oven
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Soak dates
In a bowl, add the chopped dates, and pour approx. 180ml of boiling water over them. Leave for around 10 minutes until they have completely softened.
- Blitz dates
Blitz with a food processor, or mash with a fork until they have combined.
- Cream sugar, butter and eggs together
In a large mixing bowl, cream your sugar, eggs and butter together, for approx. 5-6mins by hand, until it starts to look creamy.
- Add remaining sponge ingredients
Then add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, molasses, cinnamon and vanilla, and mix together. Add the date mixture. Stir until everything is mixed together.
Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish and bake for around 35 minutes – or until a skewer runs clean through the middle.
- Pour over caramel and serve
Finally pour over the 2 jars of Joe & Seph’s Salted Caramel Sauce and serve!
Oh-so delicious! I love sticky toffee pudding!
Choose your country
Please note that international shipping is available.